Sunday 3 December 2006

Update

Been thinking of some changes to bankroll management and the blog contents etc. Heres the plan for bankroll:

Play $100NL till my Bankroll is $10k - i moved down to this level after a bad run at 1/2NL and i feel a lot more comfortable with more buy-ins, i might even consider not playing 1/2NL till i have 20k BR.

The Blog will get a Video update once a week - i ordered a new headset for making vids, standalone micorophone doesnt seem to work well. Videos will be 2-tabling whatever limit im currently playing at.

The Blog will get a weekly update comprising a standardized format update along the lines of 'Good, Bad & Ugly' what i plan to do is The Good - 2 Hands where i play them well, The Bad - 2 Hands that i misplay, The Ugly - 1 hand with some kind of sick beat (hey wouldnt it be nice if i didnt have one to post?? =) ), also there will be +EV and -EV - little thing i've noticed throughout the week that are good/bad for me & my profit, The Week in Numbers - a stastitical analysis of hands played maybe not with all full details but something interesting. I think having a standardized format that covers the day to days of the poker grind is the best format.

Every so often i will write an article about some particular aspect of being a cash game grinder. I hope to have one done reasonably soon & aim for one article per month.

A Reminder - i'm not writing this blog for anyone's benefit but my own. I firmly belive it's good to hold public record & (if possible) discussion of your hands etc - i'm just giving my thoughts & opinions on things poker related.

So time for some stats at the end of my first full week playing.

Hands Played - 18,531 Profit - $1714 - This shoulda been so much more but i guess i learned my lesson about playing when literally exhausted. Got up at 4am on Saturday morning as i couldnt sleep. Funny thing is i was out with friends and i went in early to goto bed and sleep longgg time but i couldnt sleep and decided it was a good idea to get up and play at 4am in the morning after 0 hrs sleep and having only had 4 or 5 hours sleep each night all week. Poker is a game of small edges, you lose a large part of that edge when you're super tired. So that brings me to another point. Trying to complete this challenge will be a good part about mainting my physical (and necessarily mental) state so as to maximize concentration and focus on the tables. I made some sick plays this week when i was really alert and switched on. I was up 42 buy-ins before i donked off 15 buy ins over a few k hands playing when exhausted and not really concentrating - get into a good routine so you can concetrate! O.k. im still tired as fuck so i cant write properly.

Sickest Session this week was a 4hr 50BB/100 session where i made $1550. Fuck yeahhhhh.

Happy with my progress so far, still need 81.5k hands before 2k7, gonna be tough but im hard as nails obv. Learnt my lesson about playing when super tired - never again.

Future Updates likely to have a higher degree of author coherence.

1 comment:

Fruitypro said...

I'm looking forward to reading regular updates, your good, bad and ugly post on CR was very well written!

Good luck man.